Action Air Plumbing seals air ducts for maximized energy efficiency, as part of a program designed to save you up to 40% on your heating and cooling bills. We’ll inspect your ductwork as part of our Free Ductwork Estimates.
Proper Air Duct Maintenance
If you have forced-air heating, central air conditioning, or both, your house contains a system of ductwork that sends conditioned air (heated or cooled) throughout the home. They generally work through two types of duct systems:
- Supply Ducts– Designed to blow conditioned air to your various rooms.
- Return Ducts– Sends air back to the furnace or air conditioning unit so this air can be heated or cooled.
Between both types of ducts, the air is cycled continually until your thermostat tells the furnace or AC that the right temperature has been achieved.
Healthy Ductwork Makes a Difference
Making sure your ductwork is the proper size and installed properly is key to your heating and air-conditioning (HVAC) system. Unfortunately, ductwork is commonly overlooked during home energy performance evaluations, despite the following:
- Comfort: When air ducts leak, they let air you just paid to heat or cool out of your home. Instead, the air in your home leaks into your attic, basement, or crawlspace. And the air that does reach you, won’t be as warm or cool as it was intended to be causing you to have a less comfortable home.
- Energy Efficiency: If you’re letting conditioned air leak out before it reaches your living area, you’re missing out on something you paid for. If conditioned air leaks out before it reaches your living space, obviously you’re not getting something that you paid for. If hot air from your attic or cold air from your basement is being allowed into your system, it will take more energy and money to cool or heat it so that it’s the right temperature for your home.
- Indoor Air Quality: If you have leaks in your return ducts, you may be sending “bad air” directly into your living space, where the system runs. You wouldn’t want to breath air from your crawl space all day long, but if you have an uncontrolled leak, this may be the case. Leaky ducts may also create “pressure imbalances” that keep some rooms under positive pressure and others in a slight vacuum. If this happens, you may have unhealthy air (laden with dirt, dust, pollen, allergens, and other contaminants) sucked into your home.
- Safety: Pressure imbalances caused by leaky ducts can lead to back drafting in combustion appliances such as furnaces, wood stoves and gas ranges. When this happens, you risk exposure to carbon monoxide.
Up to 40% of the energy usage of your HVAC system could be wasted by leaky ducts. It’s extremely important that you include ductwork testing and evaluation your home energy checkup. For a Free Ductwork Estimate to assess your home’s ductwork energy efficiency and to see if air duct sealing will work for you, call today! We offer our services for the Greater Lubbock, Midland, and Odessa Texas areas.
Air Conditioning Repalcement
In the middle of the summer when the heat is blazing the last thing you want to happen is have your air conditioner start acting up or just plain quit. We know these situations are no fun, which is why we are prepared to be there when you need us. We make sure to answer our phones on time and get a technician to your home as quickly as possible. Plus we stock most replacement parts on our trucks so we can fix your system on the first visit instead of having to run all over town to pick up parts.
Some of the most common problems that occur are:
- Your condenser stops running – Probably caused by a faulty motor or compressor…we’ll check things out, explain to you what needs to be done, and get things running right, and right on time.
- Uneven cooling throughout your home – We can balance your system for comfortable temperatures in every room the system covers.
- The temperature just isn’t cool enough – More often than not, we can fix the problem by cleaning the evaporator coil. But if your system isn’t up to the job, we’ll recommend a new, more energy efficient, and affordable replacement system.